[Return to the Connect to Secure Wireless: LSU Overview]
Determine 5 GHz Network Band Capability
Check on Windows:
1. Click the Windows Start button.
2. Search "cmd" or on Windows 8.1.
- To do this: Click Run, Enter "cmd", & Press Enter.
3. Type "netsh wlan show drivers" in the Command Prompt & Press Enter.
4. Look for the "Radio types supported" section.
If the network adapter supports network modes 802.11g and 802.11n:
- The computer has 2.4 GHz network capability ONLY & IS NOT Dual-Band Capable.
If the network adapter supports network modes 802.11a and 802.11g and 802.11ac and 802.11n:
- The computer has 2.4 GHz and 5GHz network capability IS Dual-Band Compable.
The network adapter supports network modes 802.11n and 802.11g and 802.11b:
- The computer has 2.4GHz network capability ONLY & IS NOT Dual-Band Capable.
Referenced from: Linksys.